Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Countdown 3 days
... OR ... Stop the clock!

Frantically we ready for the adventure.  We sort, pick, duplicate, digitize, check and recheck. Reluctantly, we prepare to miss friends and family...

Not nearly enough time to get it all done...

But then! An alarmed email (with high-priority !! and everything). No medical clearance for me. For me? After all those tests and exams? After the hassle of getting the forms to DC? Though  C's been cleared for weeks, my paperwork just keeps getting stuck. And that means no go.

At first, I panic. Have they seen something in my records suggesting I'm not fit to travel - probably not fit for anything else! Then, more rationally, I follow up with a few more emails and a couple phone messages. Nothing dire. It turns out that the physician responsible for reviewing my medical paperwork has been on vacation. This wouldn't have been a particular problem, save for these outrageous snow storms in our capital.

So, it seems that my file of forms again was stuck in the stream of review. I like to imagine my file vacationing or, better yet, snowed in.

I assume all will work out, but am resigned to the possibility of being delayed.

I am even comfortable with the idea, more so after seeing the seat selection on our proposed flight. It's full. And we don't have seats yet. It's a very long ride to be stuck between and infant and sniffler...

No comments: