Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sitting Here in Limbo




Click the PLAY button (above)  for music to accompany this post


 
Panorama of Udaipur from Jag Mandir Island, Rajasthan, India (Photo by S. Ballal)


We are still here and likely to remain another week.

After multiple phone calls & emails, I know that ticketing got complicated, landing us in the middle of the Holi festival, delaying meetings in Delhi, delaying arrival in Santiniketan... Conclusion: wait at least a week.

Unfortunately, this only exacerbates the difficulties we already had departing just a few days behind schedule. Celia will have to return home early in order to begin school in August.  I am discouraged about my fall course.  Though department chair, Professor Houde, is entirely understanding, I feel awful inconveniencing her, the students, everyone.  It's just not how I was taught to do things.

On the bright side, it seems there is a meeting in Udaipur that I can attend after the Delhi business. Though I don't know much about Udaipur, photos make it look like quite the wonderful area. I will use some of my limbo time to read up on it.


 A little discouraged this evening, but still geared up to go.

[And, though Holi in Santiniketan sounded like fun, it's probably just fine to miss it on our first day in Delhi.]

Sitting here in Limbo, but I know it won't be long.
... Sitting here in Limbo, so many things I've got to learn.
Meanwhile, they're putting up a resistance,
But I know that my faith will lead me on.

- Jimmy Cliff

No comments: